Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pooping Pep Talk

I have been really lucky with potty training... so far. Princess and Pirate were both trained pretty fast, by 2 1/2. Then we got to the point of transferring Pirate from the little potty to the regular toilet, with one of those seats that goes on top so he doesn't fall in. Now he takes himself to the bathroom to go #2, then does the famous "Mommy, I'm done". I'm not sure when I'm supposed to train him to wipe his own butt, but I don't mind it for now.


The other evening, my husband and I were in the living room talking, and Pirate went upstairs to do his business. He always likes to tell us where he's going, as if we live in a huge house and he'll be in another wing or something. "I'll be in the bathroom going poop if you need me", he reports. Then we hear this. "Come on, it's ok. Come on out.". My husband and I stop talking so we can listen more. "You can do it, come out.". Pirate is giving his poop a pep talk to come out. In the end it all worked out. Then I heard my favorite words ever... "DADDY, I'm done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment