Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mommy, I'm Done!

I’ve thought a lot about how I should write down the funny day to day happenings in my home, particularly having to do with my kids. However, I don’t really have the time to do this, particularly because of the kids. I want to start this blog to record some funny and not-so-funny things that happen, mainly so I can remember them when the kids are older. Since becoming a mom, almost 8 years ago, my memory seems to have slowly started to deteriorate. Now that I have 4 children, I don’t remember much. Usually it’s just small things, like where I put my keys, or what day my daughter is buying lunch. Little things like that are resolved rather quickly. Being so busy with the kids sometimes doesn’t allow me to really take in everything that is happening with the kids. I forget the funny things they say and do by the end of the day. Perhaps blogging about them will help my memory. I might get a few laughs along the way too.

“Mommy, I’m done!” is a quote from my almost 4 year old son, Pirate. I hear this on a pretty regular basis, just about once a day. As a matter of fact, I was sitting at the computer, contemplating this blogging thing, and I hear those words being yelled to me from the bathroom upstairs. At that moment, I knew it would be the name of my blog. I’m of course referring to him being done on the toilet, and needing me to wipe him. There is nothing I love more than wiping a poopy butt. I’m lucky enough to have to do this at least three times a day, once for each of my three boys. On a really good day, one of them will go more than once. That’s like a real bonus for me. Thankfully, my oldest is able to take care of her own business. The other great thing about my son calling me is that he has impeccable timing. He is able to “have to go poop really bad” whenever I am giving his baby brother a bottle. This is always a fun time because I have to stop feeding the baby, put him down somewhere that his other brother won’t get to him, run upstairs and wipe Pirate, listen to him say goodbye to his poop, wash our hands, and remind him to put his underwear back on before his pants. (I can't even count how many times he forgets that step.) Then I can get back to feeding the baby, who has usually spit up part of his bottle, or is screaming because I interrupted his meal.

Parents have always had to deal with poop, puke, boogers, and other gross stuff. It's a part of life with kids, especially when you have four of them. Not a day goes by where I don't wipe a butt or pull a giant booger out of a nose (or off of a shirt, face, cheek, finger, etc.). Sometimes these occurrences are too funny not to share. Now I get to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment