Monday, April 2, 2012

Mother of the Year

I had #5 six weeks ago. I haven't had a lot of time to blog, mainly because I'm wiping butts and noses more than ever. I'd like to catch up on posts, but I know that probably won't happen. I've been trying to catch up for over a year.
Just a few things that have happened recently to prove why I will undoubtedly become Mother of the Year.

A few weeks ago, Trouble turned to me and said. "Mommy, I'm gonna kick lour ass!". His Ys sound like Ls, so he meant he was going to kick my ass. I proceeded to laugh my butt off, prompt him to say it 4 more times, one of which was on camera. A better parent would probably discourage him from saying it. After a few days of telling people he would kick their asses, he forgot about it and stopped saying it.

Trouble has also started saying "Jesus Christ!". This is not meant in a good way, due to how I say it and my own context. Other things coming from Trouble's mouth include "Damn It!" and "What the hell?". Reality check - I need to watch my language. We have gotten him down to "Darn it" and "What the heck?". It's a start.

Last week, I desperately needed to sit and enjoy my coffee. Pirate and Princess were both at school, and the two babies were both still asleep. Trouble was the only one with me, and he can't really be left on his own. So, I let him sit at the table with me and play with scissors. It sounds worse than it is... He was just practicing cutting paper. Normally I would never let him hold scissors, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment