Friday, November 11, 2011

Baby #5

It's been a long time since I blogged. I guess that's what happens with 4 kids. I don't have time to keep up on the blog. I'm going to try though. So, since my last post, a cool 4 months ago, we received some life-changing news. We found out that I am pregnant again. I say again like that because I just did this. I was just pregnant a year ago. I just had a baby in March. I wasn't ready to find out I was pregnant again. I was giving away baby clothes and baby stuff, cleaning and organizing, ready to get back to my own body. We were doing a bunch of projects on the house, content and happy with our family of 6. So, this news came as a huge shock to us. My hubby took the news much better than I did. After a little bit of time I started feeling better about the news. I knew that it was happening, and I had to prepare myself. Then I hit the wonderful morning sickness phase, which is super awesome when you already have 4 kids to take care for. One of my most glamorous moments was when I had to stop giving my then 4 month old his bottle so that I could run to the bathroom to puke. Most moms fall into the category of having experienced morning sickness. For the other moms out there who haven't had the pleasure, I hate you. Just kidding, I actually envy you. Morning sickness lasts all day, for me anyway. And I constantly felt like I was going to be sick, sometimes actually puking. Most of the time I just hung over the toilet in this awful in between phase, wishing I could throw up, but just feeling nauseous as hell. I had to eat constantly or I would get sick. And when I started to get hungry, I started to feel sick, and I started to do this disgusting cough/gag thing that completely grossed out anyone around me. I kept a stash of grocery bags in the car for when I had to throw up on the road, which happened more than once. Like I said, it's a very glamorous time in a pregnancy. Luckily, it only lasted about 2 weeks this time. With my first child, I had morning sickness pretty much the entire pregnancy. It seems to have lessened with every child. It took me until I was around 16 weeks to start to actually feel pregnant. I was in maternity clothes pretty soon after I found out I was pregnant. Maternity shorts, mainly, because they are more comfortable. Clearly I hadn't lost all my baby weight from the 4th baby, so I had a lot to work with in the maternity clothes. At 20 weeks I went for my big sonogram. We were all hoping for a girl. Princess is the only girl, and she desperately wanted a little sister. She was under the impression that was the reason we were having a fifth baby, to give her a sister. But, alas, we found out we're having another boy. I wasn't even surprised this time. I figured it was a boy all along. Actually, the sono tech said she was "pretty sure" it was a boy. At this point, I've changed enough diapers and seen enough sonograms to know that it is indeed a boy. Maybe the tech was new. I have a follow up sonogram later this week. Maybe I'll be surprised, but it clearly looked like balls on this first sonogram. So, here I am, 25+ weeks pregnant, with an 8 month old, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 7-turning 8- in a month- year old. Life is already crazy, but about to get crazier. I accept the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment