Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sick Time

Now that I've remembered I had a blog, I'm trying to get myself organized and decide what to write about first. Four months is a long time, and a lot of poop and puke stories. This past week was filled with both, so I guess that's a good starting point. Two weeks ago, I took Princess to a class she takes once a month. I ran a few errands while she was there, then picked her up and brought her home. When we pulled into the driveway, I saw a trashbag on the front porch. I thought maybe my husband put it out there to remember to take out before he left for his part time job that evening. (One salary and 4.5 kids doesn't cut it around here) We went in the house, and my husband said, "Tis the season.". Knowing that it was only 2 days after Halloween, I figured he didn't mean to break out the Christmas decorations. Yup, he meant sickness season. Pirate was the lucky one to get it first this time. Apparently he was headed upstairs to get his jammies on, and he just stopped on the steps and barfed all over them. Hubby ran him into the bathroom to throw up over the toilet, but didn't get the lid up in time, so Pirate then puked all over the toilet lid, back of the toilet, floor, shelf, and trash can. He was sick a few more times that night, and seemed much better the next day. By Friday, 2 days later, he seemed back to himself. My mom and sisters came to babysit that Friday night so that my husband and I could go out to dinner for our anniversary. We had a nice night out, came home and were happy to get in bed and be able to sleep in the next morning. Around 1am, Princess came running in to tell us that Pirate threw up in his bed. And it wasn't just a little. This was a 2 parent job... clean the kid, change the sheets, clean everything... all the while trying not to let myself barf from the smell of it. So, Pirate spent the rest of the night in our room just in case he got sick again. He was fine the next day. I think he went back to eating normal foods too fast. Saturday night, Fall Back night - we were excited to get "an extra hour" of sleep. Somewhere in the middle of the night, I heard Trouble on the baby monitor coughing. I just knew, so I jumped up and said, "He's throwing up". Hubby thought I meant Pirate, so he ran in his room, but I ran in Trouble's room. Sure enough, he had barfed all over his crib, the bumpers, and the floor, as well as himself. Same routine as the night before. Then Trouble spent the night in our room. Sunday he laid in bed all day, which definitely is a sign that he's sick because the child is never still. In the meantime, there were several cases of diarrhea. Those don't even deserve mention because they were so gross. Thankfully, Princess and Donkey never got sick. Neither did my husband or I.

No comments:

Post a Comment