Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training - Round 3

Trouble is doing really well with using the potty. I am completely amazed, just because of how different he is from his big brother and sister. They both got trained pretty easily, around 2 1/2. I thought based on how he acts, he'd probably be around 13 before he was out of diapers. He's definitely not near being out of diapers yet, but he has worn underwear for a few hours at a time with no accidents. I am actually the one that is more on the lazy side of the training. I have been so exhausted with carrying around #5 that sometimes I just put diapers on Trouble to not have to take him to the potty. It's bad, I know. But potty training is exhausting. When he does sit on the potty, he jumps back and forth between the little potty chair and the big toilet as many times as possible. I either stay right in the bathroom with him, or I walk into the other nearby rooms but check on him every few seconds. Otherwise, this happens.
1. He drops little Thomas trains into the toilet.
2. He unrolls the toilet paper all the way.
3. He pulls all the toddler wipes out of the package and throws them around the bathroom.
4. He throws various objects from around the bathroom into the tub.
These have all happened, in a matter of minutes, with me being in the room right next door.
When he does sit still to use the potty, he has to hold at least one little toy (usually Charlie the train from Thomas). And he sings. He starts off by singing Old MacDonald. But the other day he transitioned from that into a very cute version of Rolling in the Deep by Adele. I thought the farm song/Adele combo sungy by a 2 year old was very well done!
Round 3 (for the third child) is going to be a long road, but at least we're off to a decent start.

No comments:

Post a Comment