Friday, June 22, 2012

Name Changes

I've been thinking for a while that 5 needs a new blog name. Clearly he's the fifth (and final!) child, but I can't continue to refer to him as 5. We did a good job of keeping his real name (Landon) a secret until he was born. Blog naming him seemed just as hard. If you're wondering how the other kids got their names on this blog, you can check out the post on that here. I thought I'd wait until he developed a personality or something specific about him that I could use as a name. I think I figured it out.

Introducing... Superchunk!

He's a really big baby. He has his four month checkup next week, so I'll see just how big he is then. I weighed him with me and he was close to 18 lbs. He's just chunky! Superchunk may not be the most flattering name for him, and may require a name change down the road, but for now, it works!

While I'm changing names, I'm over referring to Grayson as Donkey. It was cute when the kids wanted to name him Donkey (from Shrek), but now that he's 15 months old, he needs a new blog name too. Everyone is always commenting on his hair, and I absolutely love his curls. So, Donkey is now blog named Curly.


I hope there isn't official legal paperwork I need to fill out to change their names on my blog :) I feel like their names are more fitting now. Princess will always be the princess. Pirate could change, but not any time soon as we are having another pirate themed birthday party this year. I wish I could call Trouble something else, but no such luck. Curly and Superchunk are more fitting names for my babies than Donkey and 5. So, it's official, they are blog-renamed. (BTW - I can't stand when people say "It's official". It ranks way up there with "Let the ___ begin" and "Shenanigans". I hide people's statuses on Facebook when they include any of those phrases.) 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Blog names. Why didn't I think of that for my kids? :)

    New follower here from Bloggy Mom. I'm glad I found your lovely blog. :)

    Cheers,
    Rose of Grown-Ups For a Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable names! I hopped over from Bloggy Moms too!

    ReplyDelete