Friday, January 20, 2012

Tales from Naptime - part 2

Back to back posts? Wow, I'm even impressed with myself! These two stories go together, and if I wait another 5 months to start blogging again, I'll surely forget the stories. Actually, since it's a Trouble story, I'll remember.
So, last Thursday was the diaper incident. Diapers everywhere. I felt so annoyed at Trouble and got all upset about how he makes everything harder on me that day. I had no idea that diapers were nothing compared to the following day's nap.
Friday went like Thursday, except I didn't have my nephew that afternoon. Lunch was normal, then I laid Trouble down for his nap. Dejavu, I heard Trouble on the monitor making noise, jumping, and opening drawers, while I was giving Donkey his bottle. Although that day I had wised up. I took the diaper stacker out of the bedroom, and for good measure took out the hamper too. So I figured he had just pooped again and I'd change him and get him to go to sleep. Thinking back on the incident, I'm picturing myself walking up the steps with that "Dun, Dun, Dun" music playing. What I walked into I was not expecting. I opened the door and smelled poop. Then I saw the box of wipes on the floor and one in Trouble's hand. He appeared to be wiping the floor. He looked at me and said, "I put the wipes back.", and began stuffing wipes back into the wipe box. He takes a nap with the curtains closed and a nightlight on, so I had to turn on the big light to see what was really happening. And then I saw it... lotion everywhere. Now, when I called my husband in a panic and freaking out, I used the word everywhere and was later told that was an exaggeration. So, I'll try not to exaggerate here. There was a whole lot of lotion in a whole lot of places around the room. It was on Trouble's bed (top sheet, bottom sheet, and comforter), and there were small splashes of lotion on each of his stuffed animals. It was on the floor (which apparently he was trying to clean up). It was on the front of the dresser, on the top of the dresser, the changing table pad cover, the wall, the nightlight, the corner shelf, the fan, Donkey's crib, the basket where said lotion was taken from, as well as on every single thing in that basket. This is a big wicker basket that we keep lots of stuff in - diapers, extra pacifiers, nail clippers, combs, toys, diaper cream, wipes... and lotion. I guess if there is a silver lining here it's that he opened the old bottle of cheaper lotion and not the brand new bottle of Aveeno. Apparently he climbed up the drawers of the dresser onto the changing table part and started going through the basket. The lotion must have struck his fancy and he just started squirting it all over. The bottle of lotion was completely empty when I threw it away in the evidence and destroyed stuff pile. I can't say for certain that he didn't put any lotion in his mouth. His face smelled like lotion, as did his hands, and he never got sick. But I think that question will just remain unanswered. Since he had pooped, I had to change him on the floor, which at this pregnant is pretty hard. I took him into my room for a second day in a row (after a lot of yelling... I'm not proud of it, but seriously, the lotion was all over!). Thankfully there wasn't a lot of lotion inside Donkey's crib, mostly on the outside bars. I was able to wipe that off so that he could take his nap. I left everything else until later.
After naps I wasn't quite as upset. My husband (lifesaver) was home early and helped clean up the mess. In the end, I was able to get a lot of junk out of that big basket. I guess it needed to be cleaned out before the new baby was born anyway. A lesson was also learned on my part... Don't underestimate Trouble. He can and will get into anything he finds. My husband reminds me that he is only 2 and that the other two did lots of bad things when they were 2 as well. However, I only remember a few things for each of them. Princess and Pirate combined do not equal the amount of horror stories that I have for Trouble. But I hope and pray that he gets out of this "stage" soon!
In the end, that was the last day Trouble had in his room with Donkey. Saturday my husband put together the bunk beds in the big kids' room, and Trouble moved in there. Stay tuned for more stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment